1. How do I place an order through DaLuca Watch Straps site? Do I need to sign up for my own personal account in order to place an order?
- You simply add the desired watch straps or accessories to your cart, then go to "View Cart" tab at the top of this website to view and complete your order. No, you do not need to sign up for an account. If you think you will be returning then signing up for an account would be the smart thing to do. It will save you time in the future so you do not have to re-enter a great deal of information. You can checkout as a guest if you choose to not sign-up for an account.
2. Can we send you our own leather/material for you to make a custom watch strap out of? Are there any discounts for me providing the materials for my custom watch strap?
- Yes, we absolutely love to receive materials from our clients that are near and dear to your heart. Some previous examples have been an old briefcase passed down from generation to generation that is too old to use anymore, but a custom watch strap would preserve the history of the briefcase, in the family. Another example could be your parent's army boots that were used when they were in the service and you now want to create a custom watch strap out of it. There are no discounts offered by providing your own materials since 90%+ of a watch strap is the time and creativity put into it by the watch strap maker.
3. I just received my DaLuca Watch Strap, how do I care for it properly, in order to make sure it lasts for many years to come?
- You can either let it be and allow the natural aging process to perform its magic on the leather or use a leather conditioning product such as Venetian Cream, which greatly helps in protecting the leather. This would include changing colors, gaining cracks or scratches and just looking like its been through life. If you want to maintain a cleaner look, then simply go to our Leather Care section to find a great product that will help keep your leather product conditioned for many years!
4. Why does DaLuca Watch Straps NOT use a leather conditioner to seal the leather of my watch strap?
- As you may or may not know, DaLuca Watch Straps is a big fan of allowing the natural aging process to occur. We believe many customers want to use their own brand of leather conditioner, so we leave it natural for you to do what you want with your new strap(s). You can either seal it and make it look new for a long period of time or just wear it everyday and wait for the strap to develop its natural patina. The choice is yours and yours alone.
5. What is the difference between your "Watch Straps" page and "Vintage Watch Straps" page?
- The "Watch Straps" page consists of our watch straps that are made out of newer or non-military materials. They can still be 20 or 30 years old, they are just not military ammo pouches or WWII items like the straps that may be featured on the "Vintage Watch Straps" page. Watches that are made from old vintage leathers are rarer in nature and can be over a 100 years old. These are regarded as the true watch strap connoisseur's treasure, since each one is extremely limited and unique.
6. What is your Retired Watch Straps page all about?
- Our "Retired Watch Straps" page is solely there to show you the work we have done in the past so you can get ideas for your future watch purchase(s). We can try to use the same material to create a similar strap to your liking or just use 1 aspect of a certain strap in the planning of your custom watch strap order. This is only there to be used as a resource, although some people have told us they love to browse that page when they are bored.
7. How do I place a custom order and what is the turnaround time?
- Custom orders can be emailed to us at, Info@DaLucaStraps.com. We usually respond within 24 hours of an email. As far as turnaround time on custom orders, that is usually 1-3 business days from the time the order is placed and paid for. Other strap makers generally take 3-8 weeks plus shipping time to get them to you. Our goal is to have the strap in your hands after 5 business days max, once you pay for and place the order. You can also view our "Custom Watch Strap" page to send us details of your custom needs, by filling out the contact form.
8. What is your shipping policy?
- We offer free shipping both ways to our domestic (USA) customers. This means we include 1st class shipping from USPS as part of the price of a strap. For our international customers we need an additional $10 to cover shipping. Some countries require the full amount to be paid by the customer (i.e Malaysia, Philipines, Indonesia etc...) which is around $50-$60. Please email us for more details on the price to ship to your country. As mentioned above, we do not take returns from international customers, but we will pay for shipping back to us if you are a domestic (USA) customer.
9. What is your returns policy?
- We will pay for the shipping back to us if the strap was not what you were looking for. You must notify us within 7 business days of receiving your order, in order for us to take an order back (this applies to USA customers only). For our international customers, we cannot offer any return policy due to the costs and time of shipping, along with custom's delays.
- You should expect to receive your refund within 3 business days of us receiving your returned package, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
10. What is the proper size watch strap for my wrist?
- If you were to purchase anything custom (ex: Suits, Shoes, Belts, etc...) then the item would be tailored 100% to your needs, this is also true with custom watch straps. There can be many different proper lengths for the same sized wrist depending on the person. Here is a standard size chart to give you an idea of what lengths may be needed for your wrist:
Wrist Size Strap Lengths
6.00 to 6.50 --------- 110/70mm
6.25 to 7.25 --------- 115/75mm
7.0 to 7.5 ------------ 120/75mm
7.5 to 8.0 ------------ 125/80mm
- Since these sizes are very short and will not give you much extra tail, you can add length to the longer side to give yourself a more unique watch strap. These sizes are generally offered on our website and include 130mm/70mm all the way to 150mm/85mm and anything in between. As you purchase more aftermarket watch straps, you will learn what your preferences are for future purcahses.
11. What is the proper watch strap width for my Panerai watch?
- The general rule of thumb with Panerai watches is simple. If you own a 40mm case Panerai then you need a 22mm wide watch strap, for a 44mm case you would need a 24mm wide watch and for a 47mm case you would need a 26mm wide watch strap.
Panerai Model Watch Strap Width
40 mm Luminor case ----------- 22 mm
44 mm Luminor case ----------- 24 mm
42 mm Radiomir case ---------- 24 mm
44 mm Radiomir case ---------- 26mm
45 mm Radiomir case ---------- 26mm
47 mm case ---------------------- 26 mm
12. How do I measure my watch to know what watch strap I need?
- In order to know what size watch strap that you need, you will need to grab a "mm" ruler and measure in between the "lug ends" of your watch. You do not want to generally measure your old watch strap as it can be either the wrong size for your watch or it may have shrunk over the years of hard use and abuse. Here is an example of what you need to measure: